Cross Lane Garage
(‘We’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy applies between you, the User of this Website, and Cross Lane Garage, the owner and provider of this website. Cross Lane Garage takes the privacy of your information very seriously. The personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and used by only us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting crosslanegarage.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’), the data controller is Dale Stenson of Cross Lane Garage.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Data – collectively all information that you submit to Cross Lane Garage via the Website. This definition incorporate, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cross Lane Garage WE or US – Cross Lane Garage of 18 Cross Lane, Wakefield WF2 8DB
User or You – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Cross Lane Garage and acting in the course of their employment OR (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Cross Lane Garage and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services ; and
Website – the website that you are currently using, crosslanegarage.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Visitors To Our Website:
When someone visits crosslanegarage.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Information You Give Us
You may give us information about You by filling in our Contact Form on our site crosslanegarage.com, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The following includes action with Cross Lane Garage, information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites or social media sites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, DVSA, payment partners, delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information – We use information held about you in the following ways:
How we use the information you give us.
If you have opted in we will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
How we may use information we collect about You.
From Your website visit, we will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- (only if you have opted in) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Cross Lane Garage or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Users who complete our contact form
When You fill in Our contact form your details will only be used Cross Lane Garage for ongoing contact and response purposes. We will store your details for up to 12 months. For existing customers we will hold on to your details whilst you remain a customer. We will not use your contact information for marketing unless you have opted-in or directly requested us to. Should you wish for us to delete your details please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your right to withdraw at any time, in line with GDPR compliance, by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to change or withdraw your consent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any personal details that you provide will be treated with the strictest confidence and not passed on to any other parties.
- You will not receive any marketing material by email or other methods unless you have granted us express permission.
- We use GPDR to monitor, report and automate visitor traffic on crosslanegarage.com
- You (the visitor) are entitled to access, correct, delete and limit processing of your own personal data.
- You (the visitor) is entitled to receive personal data so that they can be used by another processor.
- You (the visitor) have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with GDPR.
- If you have any complaints or concerns then address these to Cross Lane Garage’s data controller Dale Stenson.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. Your consent applies to the following domains: crosslanegarage.com
Cookies we use include:
- Cookie preference – GDPRCookieControl – This cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on crosslanegarage.com. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
- Universal Analytics (Google) – analytics.google.com UA-84604917-2 – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. Read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data
- Facebook – Facebook_Pixel / facebook.com – This cookie is used to collect information about Facebook users and how they use our website. If we conduct any marketing on Facebook it enables us to market to the right audience in line with Facebook’s terms and conditions. Learn more about Facebook Pixel here
- Google Maps – Googlemaps.co.uk – This cookie is used to enhance your experience with the map on our website. It enables you to get directions and move to map to suit your location easily.
Social Media Policy
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Facebook. It will not be shared with any other organisations. If you send us a post or engage with us on our Facebook Page wall then this will treated in accordance with Facebook standard terms. Should you wish for your details or data to be deleted from our page please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to our policy